I was walking in Stratford this morning, with Bondi my 1 year old Bernadoodle and Rocky my 8 year old Yorkie when I noticed tulips and daffodils sprouting in the neighbourhood gardens. My first thought was spring is here! My next thought was it’s spring cleaning time. If you’re thinking of listing your Stratford home for sale in the near future or just want to protect it's value, now is the time to get things done. Let’s start outside, weather is good and we have been inside too long.
Did you know that 80% of buyers will drive by a property before booking a showing? Curb appeal is really important so the front of the home is a great place to start.
- Remove any excess leaves from the gutters.
- Wash the windows and around the doorway.
- Clean up the gardens. Remove the waste and add new mulch if required.
- Rake and top dress the lawn and add grass seed. Wear your golf shoes, to give a light aeration.
- Power wash the driveway.
- Repaint your exterior light, mailbox and your house numbers. Make sure the bulbs work and are really bright.
- Declutter the entrance area, repair or replace damaged hardware and give the front door a fresh coat of paint.
- Create a welcoming entrance. Remove all your garden trinkets as they can be distracting. Add a nice comfy outdoor chair to the porch (if there is room), an outdoor pillow and a seasonal planter.
Complete this checklist, you will be impressed. You will also have a great first photo for your MLS listing!
More tips to follow...